PDP spokesman Olisa Metuh, has yesterday torn a statement he made to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), concerning his alleged involvement in the $2,1billion arms fraud.
On Monday, Olisa Metuh, who has been in detention since Tuesday last week, admitted to receiving N400m from the office of the National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, and agreed to make public all the assignments he did for former president, Goodluck Jonathan.
Based on the pressure, Olisa Metuh yesterday destroy his own written statement after it was presented to him for endorsement and signing. The unnamed Premiun Times source said: “Rather than sign the document, Metuh on realising the weight of his confession, seized the documents and proceeded to tear them.”
Moreover, he reportedly tried to stuff the documents into his mouth and swallow them but was timely stopped by operatives. The incident was confirmed by the EFCC official, who added:
“The tearing of statement is tantamount to wilful destruction of government property and it is a serious offence. Also the fact that he obstructed operatives from performing their job is also a criminal offence. We will explore the possibility of filling a separate charge against him at the Federal Capital Territory High Court.”
The spokesperson for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, said he was informed about the incident but didn’t give any details of it. It would be recalled that Metuh was arrested by the EFCC on Tuesday, January 5 following allegations of his involvement in the $2.1 billion arms deal.